We support our pupil’s use of the internet and seek to underpin their knowledge of safe use and protection. We understand that the internet is a wonderful resource which also poses many dangers. Just as we want to keep children safe in the home, school and community, we also want to keep them safe from harm in the online world. We provide our pupils with an awareness of how to stay safe online both in the school environment and beyond.
The following websites are useful for further guidance and support:
- Childnet International - for primary children.
- Childnet International - for teachers and professionals.
- Facebook Privacy Settings - a useful guide.
- Internet Matters - a guide to help you through the many issues children can experience when using the internet.
- Internet Watch Foundation - the UK Hotline for reporting criminal online content.
- Report Online Terrorist Material (gov.uk) - report illegal terrorist information, pictures or videos you’ve found on the internet. Your report will be treated anonymously.
- ThinkUKnow - learning resource for children.
- UK Safer Internet Centre: Parental Controls - how to set up parental controls offered by your home ISP.
These documents are all in pdf format, and are here for you to read/download:
- A Parent’s Guide to Facebook
- Facebook Checklist
- How to set up Facebook Privacy Controls
- How to set up Parental Controls on the Xbox 360 (Microsoft)
- How to set up Google Safe Search
- How to set up YouTube Safety Mode
- Inspecting E-Safety in Schools (Ofsted)
- Keeping up with Children on the Internet (Childnet International)
- Online Gaming: An Introduction for Parents and Carers (Childnet International)